The PLW is an MPPT controller for (Off Grid) Direct Solar PV Hot Water production, it uses electric PV solar panels, instead of solar thermal or 240V AC power as its input energy. Direct Solar PV Hot Water solves many difficult installation problems and when sized correctly, it performs better than thermal solar hot water.
- Take your electric hot water system completely off the grid.
- Quick return on investment.
- 5 Year Warranty.
- Australian Made with Australian Support.
- No frost protection or pumps to fail.
- No roof reinforcements required.
- No batteries required.
- No moving parts.
- Cheaper, lighter & easier than rooftop thermosyphon systems.
- Flexible. Place tank near point of use & solar panels elsewhere.
- Works with 60 cell or 72 cell solar panels.
- Typically 8, 10 or 12 x 175-250W solar panels.
- Optionally, the PV power can be diverted into your batteries.
PLW Direct Solar PV Hot Water Unit
Kit includes the PLW Controller, a Solar Isolator Switch, a Low Voltage DC element and 2 Temperature Sensors. (Panels not included, call us.)