SOURCE is completely off-grid and self-contained, creating drinking water from just sunlight and air.
SOURCE is powered by an integral combination of solar photovoltaics and high efficiency solar thermal. The electrical and thermal power is used to efficiently produce high-purity water in a modified psychrometric cycle even in some of the driest deserts in the world.
How it works
- Ambient air is drawn into SOURCE and water vapor in the air adsorbs onto advanced hygroscopic materials
- Solar thermal power desorbs water from the hygroscopic materials into amplified water vapor cycling within the Hydropanel resulting in liquid water formation, flowing into the reservoir
- The collected pure water is mineralized for optimal health and taste, and the reservoir is actively managed for cleanliness
- Water pumps from the onboard reservoir through a polishing cartridge and to a dispenser
- Each Hydropanel connects to a cloud-based network and is monitored for performance and quality
A standard array averages 4-10 litres each day or 8-20 16.9oz standard water bottles, depending on sunshine and humidity. (Results will vary. Two-Hydropanel array, > 20°C, >20% RH, standard 16.9 oz bottles)
Each Hydropanel holds 30 liters in a reservoir where it is mineralized and kept clean for optimal taste and health. Standard arrays have 60 liters of water storage capacity.
SOURCE utilizes solar power and a small battery to enable water production when the sun shines and water delivery on cloudy days or at night.
Each Hydropanel is 1.2m x 2.4m (4 ft. x 8 ft. and a standard array contains 2 Hydropanels.
SOURCE water is mineralized with calcium and magnesium, achieving optimal taste. With this perfect combination of electrolytes for your hydration, SOURCE brings the highest-quality water for your health right to your tap.
SOURCE is installed in more than 23 countries on 5 continents & exceeds the water standards in each place.